CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Listless and drifting...

Every now and then, I get a burst of energy and make plans to become a vegetarian, exercise my brains out, and become buff and beautiful. People will stare when I tell them I'm almost 50 years old! When I move, I will glide, all power and confidence, feeling like a queen in my fit and healthy body.

Then I think...well, maybe I get started on that tomorrow. After all, it's almost lunchtime.

I'll make plans to wake up at 5:30 a.m. and exercise, begin the day with a vigorous workout that will leave me feeling energized and eager to face the day. Then I'll look at the clock on the corner of my computer, and it will be after midnight again, and the thought of getting up in just 5 hours actually hurts.

And I'll think...well, sleep is healthy, too. Maybe I'll start the exercise in the morning thing another day.

And so I've got this momentary revving of the engine, but I never get it in gear. I wonder how you find the motivation. I wonder how you get the energy to do it and stick to it.

You know, The Secret lady, Rhonda Byrne, claimed that she lost weight by not thinking about her weight. I think that the truth is that she developed a workable healthy eating and exercise plan for her, and then worked it until it became automatic, and then she lost the weight.

It's like Bob Proctor said about debt: Get on an automatic debt repayment program and then start thinking only prosperity. He didn't say, forget all about your bills. It's the same thing with weight. You need an automatic system for weight and then you can stop worrying about it.

I need an automatic system.

0 comments: